See Also: More on iRacing Pro Invitational Series
Pete Pistone’s third edition of the eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Power Rankings following the Food City Showdown at the virtual Bristol Motor Speedway.
1. Timmy Hill: The only driver to finish in the top five in all three races, Hill has an average finish of 2.3 after his third-place run Sunday at Bristol. "3 for 3 on top 3 finishes! Found myself bouncing off a lot of the competition but still had such a great time!" Hill Tweeted.
Previous Ranking: 1st
2. William Byron: Drove to a dominating win on Sunday at Bristol leading 116 laps on his way to the checkered flag. He has led the most laps in all three races so far. Byron also won his heat race Sunday leading all 50 laps.
Previous Ranking: 5th
3. Denny Hamlin: A second top-five finish at Bristol for the driver that won the Pro Invitational Series opener at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Hamlin has the fifth best average finish among the drivers that have started all three races.
Previous Ranking: 3rd
4. Garrett Smithley: A ninth-place Bristol run gave Smithley top-10 finishes in all three series races. He has compiled a 5.7 average finish in his trio of starts.
Previous Ranking: 4th
5. Ryan Preece: A third top-10 run for Preece after his sixth-place performance at Bristol. He finished second in his 50-lap heat race losing in a photo finish to John Hunter Nemechek.
Previous Ranking: 6th
6. Dale Earnhardt Jr.: A tough day thanks to a pit road speeding penalty. Earnhardt Jr. ended up finishing 22nd at Bristol for his first run outside the top-10 in the first three races of the series. "Today’s iRacing event at Bristol was a fun one. Went south after I sped on pit road. Still enjoyed myself and appreciate the opportunity to be a part of it. Ready for the next one," Earnhardt Jr. tweeted after the race.
Previous Ranking: 2nd
7. Parker Kligerman: Steadily improving and that trend continued for Kligerman at Bristol. He took the checkered flag in seventh and has compiled a 10.7 average finish in the opening trip of races.
Previous Ranking: 9th
8. Matt DiBenedetto: Broke through for his first top-10 of the series with a very solid fifth-place Bristol performance. "You know you have good friends when they text you after yesterday’s iRace telling you "good job letting Denny Hamlin pass you at the end again at Bristol," DiBenedetto Tweeted following Sunday’s race.
Previous Ranking: 10th
9. Alex Bowman: Although he finished outside the top 10 with a 14th-place run, Bowman has an 8.3 average finish, which is fourth best among drivers that have competed in the entire series to date.
Previous Ranking: 7th
10. John Hunter Nemechek: He led all 50 laps of his heat race and won in a photo finish over Ryan Preece. His second-place finish in the main event was Nemechek’s second straight top-10 performance.
Previous Ranking: NR
Dropped Out: Landon Cassill