Five Monster Energy Series drivers and three NASCAR Next prospects are entered in Saturday’s NASCAR K&N Pro Series West event at Sonoma Raceway.
A total of 31 cars are on the preliminary entry list, revealed Monday ahead of the Carneros 250. Two drivers are still to be announced. The NASCAR premier-series regulars participating are:
- Erik Jones, in the No. 20 Toyota owned by David Gilliland
- Alex Bowman, in the No. 24 Chevrolet from the Bill McAnally Racing stables
- William Byron, in the No. 27 Chevy owned by Jerry Pitts
- Aric Almirola, in a No. 41 Ford with Tony Stewart listed as the car owner of record
- Daniel Suarez, in the No. 54 Toyota also owned by David Gilliland
Those five should benefit from extra track time ahead of Sunday’s Toyota/Save Mart 350 (3 p.m. ET, FS1, PRN, SiriusXM).
Three drivers in the current NASCAR Next class will also suit up for the sixth K&N West race of the season. Among those is Will Rodgers, who won the pole for the Sonoma race last year before finishing a close second to Kevin Harvick.
Other K&N regulars in the Next program who are scheduled to compete: Derek Kraus, winner of the West season opener and a three-time pole winner already this year; and Hailie Deegan, who has finished in the top 10 in all five K&N West races this season.