Darlington Retro Ticket Design Returns
January 28, 2016 | 1:53 P.M. EST
When fans received their Darlington Raceway tickets in the mail last season, the throwback look commemorating its 1974 ticket was enough to bring back nostalgic memories even before they got to the track.
Now in the second year of its throwback campaign, Darlington Raceway is excited to announce it will once again commemorate the sport’s rich history with a retro-style ticket that will be issued for its events on September 2-4, 2016.
The retro design will mimic the look of the ticket from the 1978 Southern 500. It features South Carolina native and Darlington Raceway legend David Pearson, who is the track’s all-time leader in NASCAR’s Premier Cup Series with 10 wins. Similar to last season, the ticket will also link eras by honoring last year’s Bojangles’ Southern 500 winner, Carl Edwards, in a similar fashion.
“The retro-style ticket was one of many touchpoints fans enjoyed during last season’s throwback festivities,” track President Chip Wile said. “We felt that it was important to continue to honor our rich history with a tremendous champion like David Pearson, while also celebrating last year’s winner Carl Edwards, on the ticket.”
These special tickets will be used for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Bojangles’ Southern 500 and NASCAR XFINITY Series VFW Sport Clips Help A Hero 200 races. Tickets are expected to be mailed to customers starting in mid-June.
Ticket renewals have been mailed reminding fans to renew their seats for the 2016 Labor Day race weekend.
Renewing tickets early guarantees seats at the track’s best prices prior to the opening of all remaining seats to the general public on February 17.
“We want our fans to take advantage of all the great pricing and benefits we offer during the renewal period,” Wile said. “This is the best way to guarantee your seats or campsites for Labor Day weekend, which will feature another exciting throwback celebration in 2016.”
Renewing customers receive many great benefits for being a loyal customer, including the raceway’s best pricing for Labor Day weekend.
Renewal benefits include:
• The track’s best prices for the Bojangles’ Southern 500
• Convenient five-part payment plan
• Special renewal pricing for Darlington Stripe Zone Hospitality ($30 savings)
• Special renewal pricing for pre-race pit passes ($5 savings)
• Special renewal pricing for all-inclusive driver intros, pre-race concert and pre-race pit road access ($10 savings)
• Special renewal pricing for FanVision rentals ($15 savings)
• Special renewal pricing for Racing Electronics scanner rental ($10 savings)
• Special renewal opportunity to purchase NASCAR XFINITY Series VFW Sport Clips Help A Hero 200 tickets for just $25 each when you renew your Bojangles’ Southern 500 ticket package.
Guests may renew their tickets and campsites by calling 866-459-RACE (7223) or visiting www.DarlingtonRaceway.com/renewals. The renewal deadline is Friday, Feb. 5.
The Tradition Continues on Labor Day weekend as the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Bojangles’ Southern 500 is set for Sunday, Sept. 4, 2016. The NASCAR XFINITY Series VFW Sport Clips Help A Hero 200 will race on Saturday, Sept. 3, 2016.