By: Pete Pistone - @PPistone | MRN.com on August 12, 2014 | 7:49 A.M. EST
Dale Earnhardt Jr. keeps hold of his No. 1 spot in Pete Pistone's Power Rankings. (Photo: Getty Images)
Dale Earnhardt Jr. remained on top of the Power Rankings after a weird and wild day at Watkins Glen International:
1. Dale Earnhardt Jr.: His 11th-place finish doesn't tell the story, as cautions and strategy negated a pretty strong run.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 100.0
Point Standings: 1st
Previous Ranking: 1st
2. Jeff Gordon: Was in the mix for another win until a power failure ended a dominating early run.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 108.0
Point Standings: 2nd
Previous Ranking: 2nd
3. Brad Keselowski: Surprisingly not a factor after three straight second-place finishes at Watkins Glen.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 100.3
Point Standings: 4th
Previous Ranking: 3rd
4. Kevin Harvick: As usual, Harvick was in the mix at the end but couldn't muster enough of a challenge for a second career Watkins Glen win.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 104.0
Point Standings: 8th
Previous Ranking: 4th
5. Joey Logano: He keeps turning in impressive performances with his latest coming in a sixth-place finish at the Glen.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 103.8
Point Standings: 5th
Previous Ranking: 5th
6. Kyle Larson: Not much more for this young driver to prove after a stellar fourth-place finish Sunday at Watkins Glen.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 80.3
Point Standings: 10th
Previous Ranking: 10th
7. Jimmie Johnson: Make it four performances of 28th or worse in the last five races as Johnson's struggles continued.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 99.7
Point Standings: 7th
Previous Ranking: 6th
8. Matt Kenseth: Still winless but scored another top-10 finish.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 94.0
Point Standings: 3rd
Previous Ranking: NR
9. Denny Hamlin: Had a decent car and managed a 24th-place finish after he had a scary crash with the pit barrels.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 89.6
Point Standings: 20th
Previous Ranking: 9th
10. Ryan Newman: Thankfully walked away from one of the most frightening crashes in the sport in sometime when he got tangled up with Michael McDowell.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 82.6
Point Standings: 9th
Previous Ranking: 8th
Dropped Out: Kyle Busch