Atlanta Media Center Renamed In Memory of Marcy Scott
August 15, 2014 | 1:39 P.M. EST
Atlanta Motor Speedway has announced that the infield media center has been named in memory of Marcy Scott, the track’s late Director of Marketing & Promotion. The building will be known as the Marcy Scott Media Center.
Scott was the Director of Marketing & Promotion for Atlanta Motor Speedway from 2005 until she passed away last November following a lengthy and courageous fight with cancer. She was also the fourth quarter recipient of the NMPA’s 2013 Spirit Award.
“I cannot think of anything more fitting to name in Marcy’s honor than the Atlanta Motor Speedway media center,” Atlanta Motor Speedway President & GM Ed Clark said. “Marcy’s charisma, passion for racing and overall outlook on life continue to improve all of us at Atlanta Motor Speedway. It’s very appropriate that many of the same people that hold such a high regard for Marcy will be working out of a building named in her honor while they are at Atlanta Motor Speedway race weekend.”
Next MRN Broadcast
Upcoming Cup Broadcasts
- Hendrick Team Seeking First Win in 2017
- Team Penske to Appeal Penalties
- Dave Rogers Taking Personal Leave
- Truex More Comfortable at Martinsville
- New Digital Platform to Feature Racing in Virginia
- Opinion: I Was Just Thinking ...
- NASCAR Notebook: No Atlanta Repave ... for Now
- Power Rankings After Auto Club