By: Pete Pistone - @PPistone | MRN.com on July 8, 2014 | 7:57 A.M. EST
Jimmie Johnson finished 42nd at Daytona but he remains No. 1 in Pete Pistone's Power Rankings. (Photo: Getty Images)
Postponed a day by the weather, slowed by rain delays and a pair of "Big Ones,” the rain-shortened Coke Zero 400 made it impossible to find anything to impact the Power Rankings, so everyone stayed where they were heading into Daytona:
1. Jimmie Johnson: Never had a chance to get comfortable behind the wheel before getting knocked out of the race and finishing 42nd.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 105.5
Point Standings: 3rd
Previous Ranking: 1st
2. Dale Earnhardt Jr.: Finished 14th despite getting a piece of the day's first huge accident.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 99.5
Point Standings: 2nd
Previous Ranking: 2nd
3. Brad Keselowski: His Kentucky win was a veritable walk in the park after a rough-and-tumble 18th-place Daytona performance.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 101.5
Point Standings: 4th
Previous Ranking: 3rd
4. Jeff Gordon: Stayed on top of the Sprint Cup point standings after a 12th-place Daytona finish.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 105.9
Point Standings: 1st
Previous Ranking: 4th
5. Kevin Harvick: A victim of the first crash and probably not a fan of Ricky Stenhouse Jr. by any means.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 104.3
Point Standings: 11th
Previous Ranking: 5th
6. Joey Logano: On the bright side, Logano was at least a position better than teammate Keselowski.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 103.9
Point Standings: 6th
Previous Ranking: 6th
7. Matt Kenseth: A finish of 20th actually not too bad for Kenseth considering how things started in Daytona.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 93.3
Point Standings: 5th
Previous Ranking: 7th
8. Carl Edwards: Day was ruined by the race’s first multi-car crash.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 83.0
Point Standings: 7th
Previous Ranking: 8th
9. Kyle Busch: Upside down was the way Busch's 4th of July weekend ended in Daytona.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 94.7
Point Standings: 9th
Previous Ranking: 9th
10. Ryan Newman: Remained inside the top 10 of the point standings despite a rough Daytona finish.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 82.4
Point Standings: 8th
Previous Ranking: 10th