By: Pete Pistone - @PPistone | MRN.com on June 3, 2014 | 7:17 A.M. EST
A second consecutive win sends Jimmie Johnson to the top spot in Pete Pistone's Power Rankings.
Jimmie Johnson scored his second consecutive win Sunday in the FedEx 400 Benefiting Autism Speaks at Dover and roared to the top of this week's Power Rankings:
1. Jimmie Johnson: Two weeks and two dominating performances in a row have quieted all the "what's wrong with the 48 talk?"
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 109.3
Point Standings: 4th
Previous Ranking: 3rd
2. Kevin Harvick: Had a car capable of challenging for another win Sunday in Dover until a broken valve stem sent Harvick to pit road and out of contention.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 106.8
Point Standings: 12th
Previous Ranking: 1st
3. Matt Kenseth: Still searching for his first win of the season but had a strong car in Dover and kept it near the front of the field most of the afternoon.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 100.6
Point Standings: 1st
Previous Ranking: 7th
4. Brad Keselowski: Started from the pole after another solid qualifying effort for Team Penske. He had a car that was very strong but not just quite good enough to challenge for the win.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 100.5
Point Standings: 8th
Previous Ranking: 9th
5. Kyle Busch: Started off the weekend with a pair of wins in the Truck Series and Nationwide Series but his three-peat hopes were over early Sunday when he made contact with Clint Bowyer and then the wall.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 98.7
Point Standings: 7th
Previous Ranking: 6th
6. Jeff Gordon: He was up to second in the middle portion of Sunday's race in Dover but faded at the end and came home 15th.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 106.1
Point Standings: 2nd
Previous Ranking: 2nd
7. Dale Earnhardt Jr.: Wasn't able to match his Dover performance of last September when he challenged teammate Jimmie Johnson for the win but came home with a top-10 finish Sunday.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 99.7
Point Standings: 5th
Previous Ranking: 8th
8. Joey Logano: Up-and-down day in Dover.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 106.4
Point Standings: 6th
Previous Ranking: 5th
9. Carl Edwards: The struggles of the Roush Fenway Racing camp were many Sunday with Edwards’ 14th-place finish the highlight of the organization's day.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 87.9
Point Standings: 3rd
Previous Ranking: 4th
10. Denny Hamlin: Came back from a pit road speeding penalty to score a top-five finish at a track that has not been very good to him over the years.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 92.0
Point Standings: 9th
Previous Ranking: NR
Dropped Out: Brian Vickers
Next MRN Broadcast
Upcoming Cup Broadcasts
- Martinsville Fantasy Racing Preview
- MRN.com Weekend Preview
- Knost to Sub for Suspended Childers
- Hendrick Team Seeking First Win in 2017
- Team Penske to Appeal Penalties
- Dave Rogers Taking Personal Leave
- Truex More Comfortable at Martinsville
- New Digital Platform to Feature Racing in Virginia