By: Pete Pistone - @PPistone | MRN.com on May 6, 2014 | 7:10 A.M. EST
Kevin Harvick made it through Talladega to climb back atop Pete Pistone's Power Rankings. (Photo: Getty Images)
A wild day in Talladega shook things up, and when the dust settled, Kevin Harvick worked his way back to the top of this week's Power Rankings:
1. Kevin Harvick: Was in position for a possible third win of the season but a bad restart cost him a chance at another Talladega victory.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 101.7
Point Standings: 19th
Previous Ranking: 2nd
2. Joey Logano: Had a fast car again, but he was a victim of one of the day's many multiple-car crashes.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 105.9
Point Standings: 6th
Previous Ranking: 1st
3. Jeff Gordon: Wrong place at the wrong time for Gordon, who got swept up in one of the day's biggest wrecks at Talladega. He had a fast car and looked capable of challenging for the win had he made it to the end.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 104.4
Point Standings: 1st
Previous Ranking: 3rd
4. Denny Hamlin: Finally has something to show for his restrictor-plate prowess with his first career Talladega win, which came on the heels of a very strong Speedweeks performance in Daytona.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 94.6
Point Standings: 12th
Previous Ranking: NR
5. Kyle Busch: Busch never was really a factor it seemed Sunday at Talladega and wound up with a so-so 12th place finish.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 103.0
Point Standings: 3rd
Previous Ranking: 6th
6. Matt Kenseth: Got taken out in the multi-car crash triggered by Keselowski. For the second straight week, the boys with the last names that start with K not exactly seeing eye-to-eye.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 99.4
Point Standings: 2nd
Previous Ranking: 5th
7. Dale Earnhardt Jr.: Appeared to have a very fast car but after a late race pit strategy call, he decided to hang in the back of the pack and never really challenged for the top spot when the race was on the line.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 98.3
Point Standings: 4th
Previous Ranking: 4th
8. Carl Edwards: A cut tire sent Edwards spinning late and he got clobbered by Ryan Newman in a hard crash that ended the day for the Roush Fenway Racing driver.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 87.4
Point Standings: 5th
Previous Ranking: 7th
9. Brad Keselowski: Not exactly a banner day for Keselowski in Talladega after an early race incident with Danica Patrick was followed by the 2012 champion triggering a multi-car crash that drew the ire of many competitors.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 99.7
Point Standings: 11th
Previous Ranking: 8th
10. Greg Biffle: "The Biff" needed a good race and got one with a second-place performance in Talladega. The late caution that ended the race robbed Biffle of a possible opportunity to pick up his first win of the year,
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 84.4
Point Standings: 8th
Previous Ranking: NR