Champion's Week Schedule Set
By: NASCAR Wire Service on November 5, 2013 | 6:04 P.M. EST
For the fifth consecutive year, NASCAR is heading to Las Vegas for Champion's Week - which will culminate with the Sprint Cup Series Awards on Friday, Dec. 6.
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — For the fifth consecutive year, NASCAR is heading to Las Vegas for Champion's Week - which will culminate with the Sprint Cup Series Awards on Friday, Dec. 6.
Since 2009, the Awards have been held at Wynn Las Vegas - which will host the festivities again in 2013. This year's program will air live on Motor Racing Network - "The Voice of NASCAR" - and will be streamed at MRN.com beginning at 8 p.m. (ET).
Among the scheduled events this year are the National Motorsports Press Association Myers Brothers Awards Luncheon, the annual event where drivers and teams collect a number of year-end awards and accolades; "NASCAR Victory Lap" down the world-famous Las Vegas Strip, featuring burnouts and an authentic pit stop; and "NASCAR After The Lap" sponsored by Ford and Coca-Cola, an interactive Q&A session between fans and all 13 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers.
And once again this year, fans will join drivers, team owners and industry leaders in celebrating the Sprint Cup Series Champion at the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards. Approximately 200 tickets were made available to fans through various promotions, contests and giveaways sponsored by NASCAR Official Partners, tracks and race teams. Fan tickets will offer access to the following Champion’s Week experiences:
- NMPA Myers Brothers Awards Luncheon
- NASCAR After The Lap
- NASCAR Fan Reception and Red Carpet Walk
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards
Following is a rundown of Champion’s Week activities (all times local):
Tuesday, Dec. 3
"NASCAR Live" on Motor Racing Network: For the third year in a row, Eli Gold will sit down for an hour with the 2013 Sprint Cup Series champion to recap the season. NASCAR Live will air from inside the Sports Book at Wynn Las Vegas from 4-5 p.m., with live streaming at MRN.com. This event is free to the public and fans in attendance will have a chance to participate in the live broadcast.
Tuesday and Wednesday, Dec. 3-4
- 2013 NASCAR Motorsports Marketing Forum: The 14th annual NASCAR Motorsports Marketing Forum, presented by SportsBusiness Daily/Global/Journal, is the motor sports industry’s most comprehensive business forum. Held at Aria Resort & Casino, the Forum will provide a 360-degree overview of motor sports by featuring insight and perspective from sports and marketing executives both within and outside the motor sports industry.
Tuesday through Friday, Dec. 3-6
- NASCAR Pit Stop Tour: The NASCAR Pit Stop Tour consists of Official Partner show cars featured in iconic locations throughout the Las Vegas Strip from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day. Fans can get up close and personal with the cars at the following locations: Tropicana (Chevrolet), The Palazzo (Ford), Harrah’s (Ford), the "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign (2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion show car), the Coca-Cola store and M&M’S World.
Wednesday, Dec. 4
- Fanfest Presented by Las Vegas Motor Speedway: The fifth annual LVMS Fanfest will again be held at the Fremont Street Experience and begin at 1:30 p.m. with the arrival of the 13 Chase drivers. This event is free to the public and will consist of a red carpet walk by the 13 drivers followed by a special "game show format" on-stage event featuring the drivers. Race fans will have the chance to win two tickets to the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards to be held two nights later.
- Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award Reception: This year’s finalists for the Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award will be honored at a reception at Wynn Las Vegas from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. The NASCAR Foundation will announce the winner during this year’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards on Dec. 6.
Thursday, Dec. 5
- NASCAR NMPA Myers Brothers Awards Luncheon: The annual awards luncheon and industry gathering will be held from 11 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. in the Encore Ballroom at Wynn Las Vegas, where several team and individual awards will be presented ... including the Champion Sponsor, Champion Crew chief, Sunoco Rookie of the Year and NMPA Most Popular Driver awards.
- NASCAR Victory Lap: The green flag on the NASCAR Victory Lap will wave at 3:30 p.m. with pre-lap festivities to begin at 2:45 p.m., when the 13 Chase drivers parade down Las Vegas Boulevard in their racecars. NASCAR Victory Lap will start and finish in front of the Miracle Mile Shops on Las Vegas Boulevard and will once again provide fans with a unique experience to feel the excitement of NASCAR featuring driver introductions, an authentic pit stop in front of the Fountains of Bellagio and two burnout sections – with viewing areas along the route.
- NASCAR After The Lap Sponsored by Ford and Coca-Cola: One of the premier events of Champion’s Week, NASCAR After The Lap will be held from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at The Pearl Palms Concert Theater inside the Palms Casino Hotel. Fans can purchase tickets at www.NASCARAfterTheLap.com for $20 each. All proceeds benefit The NASCAR Foundation.
Friday, Dec. 6
- 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards: The black-tie event will begin at 5 p.m. at Wynn Las Vegas, where the Sprint Cup Series champion driver and owner will be crowned; and the top 10 drivers in the final standings will be honored. The Awards will feature the NASCAR Fan Reception, Red Carpet Walk, celebrity guests, music and entertainment ... with the live broadcast airing on Motor Racing Network at 8 p.m. (ET) and streamed live at MRN.com.