NASCAR Suspends Truex Tire Changer
By: MRN Staff on August 20, 2013 | 4:05 P.M. EST
NASCAR suspended front tire changer Eric Maycroft for violating the Substance Abuse Policy. (Photo: Getty Images)
Michael Waltrip Racing fired Eric Maycroft, front tire changer for Martin Truex Jr.’s team, after NASCAR indefinitely suspended him Tuesday for violating the sanctioning body’s Substance Abuse Policy.
Maycroft joined Truex’s team in May 2011.
MWR issued a statement on Maycroft: "Michael Waltrip Racing fully supports NASCAR's substance abuse policies and those who complete the Road to Recovery program. MWR's zero tolerance policy has resulted in the immediate termination of the employee."
Truex is 12th in the point standings and holds the final Wild Card spot heading into Saturday night’s Sprint Cup race at Bristol Motor Speedway. Three races remain until the Chase field is set next month at Richmond International Raceway.
Next MRN Broadcast
Upcoming Cup Broadcasts
- Team Penske to Appeal Penalties
- Dave Rogers Taking Personal Leave
- Truex More Comfortable at Martinsville
- New Digital Platform to Feature Racing in Virginia
- Opinion: I Was Just Thinking ...
- NASCAR Notebook: No Atlanta Repave ... for Now
- Power Rankings After Auto Club
- Auto Club Checkered and Black Flags