By: Pete Pistone - @PPistone | MRN.com on May 14, 2013 | 9:40 A.M. EST
Kenseth's third win of the season, at Darlington Raceway, has driven him to the top of the Motor Racing Network Power Rankings. (Photo: Getty Images)
Matt Kenseth's third win of the season and first career Bojangles' Southern 500 triumph has driven him to the top of the Motor Racing Network Power Rankings.
1. Matt Kenseth: Worked his way around Joe Gibbs Racing teammate Kyle Busch in the closing laps to rack up win No. 3 in only the 11th start for his new team.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 118.6
Point Standings: Third
Previous Ranking: Fifth (up 4)
2. Jimmie Johnson: Didn't contend for the lead when it counted but still came out of Darlington with a top-five finish.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 114.9
Point Standings: First
Previous Ranking: First (down 1)
3. Carl Edwards: Continues to carry the Roush Fenway Racing banner and turned in another impressive performance Saturday night.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 92.3
Point Standings: Second
Previous Ranking: Second (down 1)
4. Clint Bowyer: A steady night that wasn't spectacular by any means but continued his consistency.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 95.2
Point Standings: Fifth
Previous Ranking: Sixth (up 2)
5. Kasey Kahne: Had a strong car until an encounter with Kyle Busch and subsequent mechanical gremlins ended his night in Darlington.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 99.5
Point Standings: Sixth
Previous Ranking: Third (down 5)
6. Kyle Busch: Despite not coming away with the weekend sweep, Busch was the class of the field most of the night - leading 265 laps.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 103.5
Point Standings: Eighth
Previous Ranking: Seventh (up 1)
7. Brad Keselowski: Struggled all night at Darlington and the defending series champion is definitely going through a rough patch right now.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 92.2
Point Standings: Seventh
Previous Ranking: Second (down 5)
8. Kevin Harvick: A solid night in Darlington with a top-five Southern 500 finish.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 92.8
Point Standings: 10th
Previous Ranking: Eighth
9. Dale Earnhardt Jr.: His car got better during the early-race green-flag runs. But restarts were not kind to Junior, who still managed a top-10 finish.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 95.4
Point Standings: Fourth
Previous Ranking: Ninth
10. Jeff Gordon: Gordon's 300th career top-five finish in Sprint Cup Series start No. 700 helped him work his way back into this week's Rankings.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 89.0
Point Standings: 12th
Previous Ranking: N/R
Not ranked this week: Aric Almirola (was 10th)