Start Times Finalized for Speedweeks
December 20, 2012 | 3:54 P.M. EST
The Daytona Shootout will be on Saturday night, Feb. 16. (Photo: Getty Images)
For the fourth straight year, the 55th annual Daytona 500 on Sunday, Feb. 24, NASCAR’s biggest, richest and most prestigious race, is scheduled for a 1 p.m. (ET) start time.
Start times for the other remaining events of Budweiser Speedweeks 2013 at Daytona International Speedway are as follows:
• The Lucas Oil 200 ARCA Racing Series, Saturday, Feb. 16, 4:30 p.m. (SPEED)
• The Daytona Shootout non-points event, Saturday, Feb. 16, 8 p.m. (MRN and FOX)
• Daytona 500 Qualifying Presented By Kroger, Sunday, Feb. 17, 1 p.m. (MRN and FOX)
• Budweiser Duel At Daytona, Thursday, Feb. 21, 2 p.m. (MRN and SPEED)
• NextEra Energy Resources 250 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race, Friday, Feb. 22, 7:30 p.m. (MRN and SPEED)
• DRIVE4COPD 300 NASCAR Nationwide Series race, Saturday, Feb. 23, 1 p.m. (MRN and ESPN)
Penske Racing’s Brad Keselowski will begin his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series title defense in the season-opening 55th annual Daytona 500, which will mark the debut of the new 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series car.
Dubbed “Gen 6,” the new-look sixth generation cars highlight greater brand identity for the manufacturers.
Matt Kenseth, who won the 2012 Daytona 500 with Roush Fenway Racing, will attempt to be the first driver since Sterling Marlin (1994-1995) to win “The Great American Race” for a second straight year with his new team Joe Gibbs Racing.
Tickets for NASCAR’s biggest, richest and most prestigious race – the 55th annual Daytona 500 on Sunday, Feb. 24 – start at $65 and are available at www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com or by calling 1-800-PITSHOP.
For the second straight year, the Speedway is offering special youth pricing for the Daytona 500. Children 12 and under will receive 50 percent off all backstretch grandstand seats for the Daytona 500 while supplies last. In addition, children 12 and under are free in the Sprint FANZONE throughout Budweiser Speedweeks.
Next MRN Broadcast
Upcoming Cup Broadcasts
- Team Penske to Appeal Penalties
- Dave Rogers Taking Personal Leave
- Truex More Comfortable at Martinsville
- New Digital Platform to Feature Racing in Virginia
- Opinion: I Was Just Thinking ...
- NASCAR Notebook: No Atlanta Repave ... for Now
- Power Rankings After Auto Club
- Auto Club Checkered and Black Flags