By: Pete Pistone - @PPistone on October 9, 2012 | 10:00 A.M. EST
Dale Earnhardt Jr. is 11th in the Chase standings with six races remaining. (Photo: Getty Images)
1. Brad Keselowski: Did his best to stay out of trouble and be in alignment for the win on Sunday but, like most everyone else at Talladega, was a victim of the last lap crash.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 97.5
Point Standings: First
Previous Ranking: First
2. Jimmie Johnson: At least he was able was able to finish the race Sunday, something Johnson has had trouble with in the previous restrictor plate races this season.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 108.6
Point Standings: Second
Previous Ranking: Second
3. Denny Hamlin: Used the fall to the rear of the field strategy in hopes of staying out out trouble and surviving Talladega, which worked to a degree anyway.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 102.1
Point Standings: Third
Previous Ranking: Third
4. Clint Bowyer: Bowyer could have very easily won his third-straight October Talladega race, except for that 25-car last lap accident.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 93.3
Point Standings: Fifth
Previous Ranking: Seventh
5. Tony Stewart: Triggered the "Big One" for the ages on Sunday but to his credit, took total blame for starting the melee.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 87.7
Point Standings: Seventh
Previous Ranking: Fifth
6. Kasey Kahne: Won the pole to start the weekend but not much to show for the effort because of the carnage.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 94.5
Point Standings: Fourth
Previous Ranking: Sixth
7. Dale Earnhardt Jr.: May have lost any hope of winning the championship after a very frustrating Talladega ending.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 97.6
Point Standings: 11th
Previous Ranking: Fourth
8. Jeff Gordon: Throw out the 35th-place finish at Chicagoland to kick off the Chase and Gordon has been inside the top three every week since.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 97.4
Point Standings: Sixth
Previous Ranking: 10th
9. Greg Biffle: Brought home a top 10 after somehow snaking his way through the last-lap disaster.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 101.0
Point Standings: Ninth
Previous Ranking: Ninth
10. Martin Truex Jr.: Put a fork in the Michael Waltrip Racing driver's storybook season in terms of a championship finish.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 96.8
Point Standings: Eighth
Previous Ranking: Eighth