New Rules Package for Daytona
December 16, 2011 | 9:05 A.M. EST
Rules package is a result of information gathered during recent tests at Talladega (October) and Daytona (November). (Photo: Getty Images)
NASCAR has made a change to the rules package for January's Preseason Thunder test session at Daytona International Speedway in preparation for Speedweeks 2012.
The changes are from a result of information gathered during recent tests at Talladega (October) and Daytona (November).
The rules package, which includes changes to the cooling system in attempt to reduce the two-car drafting, includes:
- Smaller radiator - Maximum of 2 gallon capacity
- Smaller overflow tank - Maximum capacity of ½ gallon
- Radiator inlet is moved up closer into the front center bumper area
- Rate reduction in the springs – softer springs
- Smaller rear spoiler
- Base line restrictor plate of 29/32 inch (1/64 inch larger than plate size for the 2011 Daytona 500)