Pocono Race Rewind
June 7, 2010 | 10:09 A.M. EST
Click Here to watch MotorRacingNetwork.com's recap of the Gillette Fusion ProGlide 500. itunes Podcast
Did you attend the Gillette Fusion ProGlide 500? Show off your photos from over the weekend at Pocono Raceway or from a previous NASCAR race and you could be featured in an upcoming race program. Click Here to Find Out How
Denny Hamlin captured his series leading fourth win of the season and fourth at Pocono Raceway after leading a race-high 88 laps. Photos
Keys to Victory Lane
Denny Hamlin posted a 2.4 average running position throughout the 510-mile race and then held off his Joe Gibbs Racing teammate Kyle Busch on a green-white-checkered finish for the win. Complete Results
Zero to Hero
Kevin Harvick started 22nd and scored his third top five in 19 starts at Pocono with a fourth-place run. His finish, that also included some late race fireworks with Joey Logano, came after he led his first laps (5) at Pocono.
Hero to Zero
Kasey Kahne and Jeff Gordon each posted top 10 average running positions in the race, but finished 27th and 32nd, respectively, after getting involved in a multi-car crash on the final lap.
Jimmie Johnson started 25th and finished sixth; Kurt Busch battled back from a penalty for a valve stem cap missing on lap 17 to finish sixth; Sam Hornish Jr. led 16 laps en route to an 11th-place finish.
What's the Points?
Kevin Harvick maintained his series points lead and now holds a 19-point advantage over Kyle Busch. Denny Hamlin and Carl Edwards (finished 12th) made the biggest gains in the top 12, each jumping two spots. Third-place finisher Tony Stewart made the biggest gain this week in the top 20, moving up three spots to 13th. Point Standings
Read all about the happenings at the Gillette Fusion ProGlide 500 with an inside look from Motor Racing Network's Pete Pistone in his weekly Hot Laps column.
Gillette Fusion ProGlide 500 Loop Data Leaders
• Average Running Position: Denny Hamlin - 2.4
• Fastest Early In a Run: Denny Hamlin - 161.160 mph
• Fastest Late In a Run: Denny Hamlin - 157.968 mph
• Fastest Laps Run: Denny Hamlin - 48
• Fastest on Restarts: Denny Hamlin - 160.364 mph
• Most Passes During Green Flag Conditions: Martin Truex Jr. - 102
• Laps In Top 15: Kyle Busch - 204
• Quality Passes: Joey Logano - 71
• Speed in Traffic: Denny Hamlin - 159.082 mph
For more loop data stats from the Gillette Fusion ProGlide 500 check out our post-race ebook.
• Denny Hamlin captured his 12th career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series win in his 165th career start. Detailed Active Driver Wins
• Hamlin won the 83rd race for owner Joe Gibbs. Detailed Active Car Owner Wins
• Hamlin was the fourth driver to win at Pocono from the fifth starting position. He was the 130th driver overall to win a race from that position. Starting Position Facts
• Hamlin won the second race for Toyota at Pocono and the 27th all-time for the manufacturer. All-Time Manufacturer Wins
• Kyle Busch's second-place finish was his first top-10 finish at Pocono with Joe Gibbs Racing.
• Tony Stewart's third-place finish is his second top five of the season.
• Kevin Harvick (fourth) posted his sixth top-10 finish in 19 starts at Pocono.
• Jimmie Johnson (fifth) posted his first top-five finish since Texas.
• Kurt Busch (sixth) posted his sixth top-10 finish in nine Pocono starts with Roger Penske.
• Jeff Burton (seventh) posted his 16th top-10 finish in 33 starts at Pocono.
• Juan Pablo Montoya's eighth-place finish was his third consecutive top-10 finish at Pocono.
• Clint Bowyer (ninth) has posted five top-10 finishes in nine starts at Pocono.
• AJ Allmendinger's 10th-place finish was his first top 10 in six starts at Pocono.
• The 204-lap race saw 14 lead changes among seven drivers and an average speed of 136.303 mph.
• Eight caution flags were thrown for 27 laps.
• The Gillette Fusion ProGlide 500 lasted 3 hours, 44 minutes, 30 seconds.
• "I literally just kept focusing on that light and I saw it turn yellow right before I got to the line. We just flat out drove through those guys." - Denny Hamlin
• "I knew I just had to conserve my car the first half and we rode about third for most of the race up until the halfway point and then we just turned it up when we needed to and it just was a great feeling." - Hamlin
• "It gave me an opportunity to get by the 14 (Tony Stewart) but nobody had anything for the 11 (Denny Hamlin) after halfway." - Kyle Busch, on the finish.
• "There's days like today where you are not proud of how you get there but you take it anyway because you know for every one you get like this there's one that gets robbed from you the same way." - Tony Stewart
• "I got into him (Logano) there going into (Turn) 3 and he just races with not giving people any respect and not much room. So, we just wound up getting together. It's unfortunate, but that's the way it goes" - Kevin Harvick
• "Racing the 29 (Kevin Harvick) and he let me go in the middle of the straightaway and then decided to dump me in the next turn. I don't know what his problem is with me but it's probably not his fault. His wife wears the fire suit in the family and tells him what to do." - Joey Logano
• "I don't know what AJ was doing there. I don't ever really talk to him much, but you can bet I will be talking to him this week." - Kasey Kahne
• "Kasey had such a run on me and I went to defend. By the time I defended he was in the grass. That is my bad. I feel bad about that, I really do. It is what it is though." - AJ Allmendinger
• "I don't know what his deal is. He totally caused that whole thing. If he is driving that blue car with the 43 on the side that put Kasey into the grass then yeah, it is on him." - Greg Biffle, commenting on Allmendinger.
• "It wasn't much fun at all to be honest with you. There's so much to lose and so much chaos on the track." - Jimmie Johnson, on the closing laps of the race.