Tryson Leaving Penske
September 11, 2009 | 5:39 P.M. EST
While Busch will battle for a second Sprint Cup Series championship when the Chase begins next week in New Hampshore, he will also have to deal with the fact his long-time crew chief will be moving on when the season ends.
"It seems as if our focus right now should be the Chase and making it in the Chase. It was a tough week for that type of news," Busch said Friday at Richmond International Raceway.
"The timing isn't all that good and it never is any good when you want to change direction in life. I can't be disappointed with Pat with the way he turned our program around in 2007. You never want to hold anybody back from their ambitions and dreams."
Speculation has Tryson joining Michael Waltrip Racing to crew chief for Martin Truex, Jr. when joins the team in 2010.
Upcoming Cup Broadcasts
- Knost to Sub for Suspended Childers
- Hendrick Team Seeking First Win in 2017
- Team Penske to Appeal Penalties
- Dave Rogers Taking Personal Leave
- Truex More Comfortable at Martinsville
- New Digital Platform to Feature Racing in Virginia
- Opinion: I Was Just Thinking ...
- NASCAR Notebook: No Atlanta Repave ... for Now