Ginn Racing Becomes Official
November 21, 2006 | 1:42 P.M. EST
The name change is a result of the team's new owner Bobby Ginn, who purchased majority interest in the racing organization in July.
Regarding the pronunciation of Ginn -- it is GHIN as in the second syllable of begin.
MB2 Motorsports began operations in July 1996.
Ginn Racing will field three full-time NEXTEL Cup teams in 2007 with drivers Mark Martin/Regan Smith sharing the No. 01 U.S. Army Chevrolet ride, Joe Nemechek in the No. 13 Chevrolet and Sterling Marlin in the No. 14 Chevrolet.
The organization will also field a full-time Busch Series team with Smith and Kraig Kinser co-driving a Ginn Racing Chevrolet.
The team's development program includes drivers Jesus Hernandez and Ricky Carmichael.
Ginn Racing is based in Mooresville, N.C.
Next MRN Broadcast
Upcoming Cup Broadcasts
- Dave Rogers To Take Personal Leave
- Truex More Comfortable at Martinsville
- New Digital Platform to Feature Racing in Virginia
- Opinion: I Was Just Thinking ...
- NASCAR Notebook: No Atlanta Repave ... for Now
- Power Rankings After Auto Club
- Auto Club Checkered and Black Flags
- Auto Club Rear-View Mirror