Racingone Power Rankings
June 27, 2006 | 11:05 A.M. EST
Editor's Note: Top 10 rankings are generated by a formula combining the following categories: Win, Finish, Top-15 Finish, Average Running Position While on Lead Lap, Average Speed Under Green, Fastest Lap, Led Most Laps, Lead-Lap Finish. Maximum: 150 points per race.
1. Greg Biffle (Last week's ranking: 2nd)
A good run in Sonoma keeps the momentum alive, can he repeat his 2003 Pepsi 400 victory this weekend?
2. Matt Kenseth (Last week's ranking: 1st)
Tough day at Infineon with a 17th place finish and now headed to Daytona, which hasn't been kind over the years.
3. Jimmie Johnson (Last week's ranking: 3rd)
A sweep of Daytona would be icing on an already sweet cake.
4. Tony Stewart (Last week's ranking: 4th)
A complete opposite run from a year ago that needs to turn around quickly or else face the possibility of dropping out of the Top 10.
5. Kasey Kahne (Last week's ranking: 4th)
Sitting third in the standings with Daytona looming, where his best finish has been 11th.
6. Jeff Gordon (Last week's ranking: 9th)
Did the Sonoma win jump start the No. 24 or was it just road course mastery at work?
7. Mark Martin (Last week's ranking: 6th
Only two more plate races left for Martin, which is sure to put a smile on his face.
8. Jeff Burton (Last week's ranking: 8th)
A three year high for him in the point standings but no roon for a let down.
9. Dale Earnhardt, Jr. (Last week's ranking: 7th
Will the restrictor plate magic return for a Daytona win on Saturday?
10. Kurt Busch (Last week's ranking: NR)
37th and 38th in his last two Daytona starts - no room for another disappointing finish.