Iracingone Power Rankings/I
October 17, 2005 | 2:30 P.M. EST
2. Jimmie Johnson (Previous Ranking: 4th): Despite the troubles dealt everyone else, still an impressive run from back to front on Saturday night on his "home" track.
3. Greg Biffle (Previous Ranking: 5th): Right back in the Top 5 again in Charlotte but the only short track on the "Chase" schedule could be a problem for Biffle who hasn't finished better than 15th at Martinsville.
4. Ryan Newman (Previous Ranking: 2nd): Once again overcame adversity Saturday night at Charlotte and finds himself a mere 17 points off the "Chase" lead halfway through the championship season.
5. Mark Martin (Previous Ranking: 6th): Counted himself out of the title hunt even after winning at Kansas, but a Top 5 run in Charlotte has pulled the veteran right back into the playoff picture.
6. Carl Edwards (Previous Ranking: 10th): The unsung Roush Racing member continues to hang around the championship run and may be a win away from putting himself squarely in the title hunt.
7. Rusty Wallace (Previous Ranking: 3rd): Finishes outside the Top 20 in two of the last three races may have ruined the storybook ending.
8. Matt Kenseth (Previous Ranking: 7th): What's that saying about without bad luck he'd have no luck at all?
9. Kurt Busch (Previous Ranking: 9th): Stuck in 10th in the "Chase" standings but at least getting closer to the leaders.
10. Jeremy Mayfield (Previous Ranking: 8th): Has been a non-factor throughout the first half of the "Chase," yet is only 115 points out of the lead.