New Shop For MB2 Near Completion
September 28, 2005 | 9:08 A.M. EST
The 144,000-square foot complex will give the multi-team organization more than three times the space of its current shop in Concord, N.C.
"This will be our third shop since MB2 Motorsports was founded in the summer of 1996," said Jay Frye, MB2's CEO and general manager. "Our first shop was in Mooresville, and when we look back at the size of that facility at 8,000 square feet and compare it to what we're about to move into, it really hits home how far we have come in a relatively short period of time."
The state-of-the-art new MB2 headquarters, located in Iredell County east of I 77 at exit 33, will also include a fan-friendly viewing area of the spacious race shop.
Next MRN Broadcast
Upcoming Cup Broadcasts
- Team Penske to Appeal Penalties
- Dave Rogers Taking Personal Leave
- Truex More Comfortable at Martinsville
- New Digital Platform to Feature Racing in Virginia
- Opinion: I Was Just Thinking ...
- NASCAR Notebook: No Atlanta Repave ... for Now
- Power Rankings After Auto Club
- Auto Club Checkered and Black Flags