Kahne And Truex Jr. Tops
January 20, 2005 | 12:33 P.M. EST
Kahne's was the fast lap of the morning session as his Evernham Motorsports Dodge recorded a speed of 188.088 mph.
Truex, Jr., the 2004 Busch Series champion who will drive a DEI entry in this year's Daytona 500, led the way in the afternoon session with a lap of 188.798 mph. Thursday's sessions included both single car laps and drafting.
Bill Elliott, who will drive a Ganassi Racing entry in the February 12th Bud Shootout, was impressive. His Dodge turned in a quick lap of 187.496 in the morning session, the third fastest lap of the test.
The NASCAR Busch Series will now take to the track for testing on Feb. 22-24.
On Saturday, Jan. 22, fans who purchase a FanFest ticket can watch testing from the FanZone during the day. FanFest begins at 5 p.m. with bands, pit stop demonstrations, auctions and fan forums with NASCAR Busch Series drivers. Admission to the NASCAR Busch Series edition of FanFest is $10 and the proceeds will benefit Victory Junction Gang Camp, The Women's Auxiliary of Motorsports and American Red Cross for tsunami relief. More FanFest information is available online.
Next MRN Broadcast
Upcoming Cup Broadcasts
- Team Penske to Appeal Penalties
- Dave Rogers Taking Personal Leave
- Truex More Comfortable at Martinsville
- New Digital Platform to Feature Racing in Virginia
- Opinion: I Was Just Thinking ...
- NASCAR Notebook: No Atlanta Repave ... for Now
- Power Rankings After Auto Club
- Auto Club Checkered and Black Flags