Bliss Leads Draft Day
January 13, 2005 | 12:00 A.M. EST
Bliss, who takes over the CNC-Haas Racing Chevrolet full-time in 2005, led the afternoon and evening session with a lap of 186.959 mph.
Jamie McMurray in the Ganassi Racing Havoline Dodge was second quick with a top lap of 186.459 mph.
Last year's Daytona 500 pole winner Greg Biffle had the third best time on Thursday in the Roush Racing No. 16 Ford with a lap of 186.189 mph.
Thursday was the final day of the opening week of testing at Daytona for the odd number Nextel Cup teams. The Craftsman Truck Series and Busch Series both roll into Daytona this weekend before the Cup Series even-numbered point finishers test beginning next Tuesday.
Next MRN Broadcast
Upcoming Cup Broadcasts
- Hendrick Team Seeking First Win in 2017
- Team Penske to Appeal Penalties
- Dave Rogers Taking Personal Leave
- Truex More Comfortable at Martinsville
- New Digital Platform to Feature Racing in Virginia
- Opinion: I Was Just Thinking ...
- NASCAR Notebook: No Atlanta Repave ... for Now
- Power Rankings After Auto Club