Ibrumor Mill:/B/I Wallace Team Violated Rules
June 2, 2000 | 12:00 A.M. EST
It was originally reported that Wallace would not be allowed to participate in the MBNA Platinum 400 on Sunday, but he was permitted to practice and qualify for the race. He qualified for the race third.
Wallace’s crew chief, Jimmy Elledge, told the Winston-Salem Journal that the team is merely waiting for NASCAR to rule on the matter.
"NASCAR is looking at the whole situation, but no decision has been made yet," Elledge said. "We've had problems there in the past, so we wanted to test, and we had Tim Sauter there as a consultant. When it looked like it was going to rain the second day, we stuck Tim in the car. But NASCAR says that's a violation of the testing policy, that you can't have two drivers testing for you."
Next MRN Broadcast
Upcoming Cup Broadcasts
- Martinsville Fantasy Racing Preview
- MRN.com Weekend Preview
- Knost to Sub for Suspended Childers
- Hendrick Team Seeking First Win in 2017
- Team Penske to Appeal Penalties
- Dave Rogers Taking Personal Leave
- Truex More Comfortable at Martinsville
- New Digital Platform to Feature Racing in Virginia