Eldora Race Format
July 21, 2014 | 9:03 P.M. EST
- Two-lap, single-truck qualifying for starting positions in the qualifying races.
- There will be five qualifying races. Only green flag laps count in those races.
- The top five trucks in qualifying will start on the pole for their respective qualifying races with four locked-in trucks (top 20 in driver points) starting in each qualifying race.
- Five trucks from each qualifying race transfer to the feature - four locked-in trucks and one non-locked-in truck.
- The Last Chance Race’s lineup will be based on finishing position from the qualifying races. This race will be 15 laps and only green flag laps will count. The top four finishers from this race advance to the feature and will start that event in positions 26-29. The 30th starting position in the feature goes to the most recent past series champion. If the position is not filled by an eligible champion, it will go to the next highest finishing Truck from the Last Chance Race.
- The feature race will be 150 laps and divided into segments of 60, 50 and 40 laps with competition cautions at the breaks on Laps 60 and 110.
- Caution laps will not count during the competition cautions and positions cannot be improved on pit road. Teams that do not pit during the competition cautions will start ahead of teams that elected to pit.
- Each qualifying race has been extended to 10 laps. Last year’s qualifying races were eight laps.
- Pit stops during competition cautions are optional. They were mandatory last year.
- A random draw will determine the qualifying order. Last year, practice speeds dictated the qualifying order.
- Owner points will be awarded to the top five team owners whose trucks do not advance to the feature race. Last year, teams that failed to advance to the feature received no points.
- The top 20 in owners points entering the event will again have a guaranteed starting spot.
Sprint Cup Headlines
- Wallace Finishes 10th in Ferrari World Final
- Report: Return to NASCAR for Dodge?
- Johnson Honored in Las Vegas
- Special Moment for Stewart, Vedder
- Earnhardt Jr.'s Wedding Date Revealed
- Earnhardt Jr. Most Popular Driver
- NASCAR Announces New Premier Series Sponsor
- Betty Jane France Wins Myers Brothers Award
- Jimmy John's Extends Harvick Sponsorship
- Jeff Gordon returns to Daytona for Rolex 24