Grand Prix Of St Petersburg Post Race Notes
March 29, 2010 | 3:39 P.M. EST
• This is the second time Will Power has won an IZOD IndyCar Series event from the pole. He also won from pole in 2009 at Edmonton.
• This is only the second time in IZOD IndyCar Series that a driver has won the first two races of the season. Sam Hornish Jr. opened the 2001 season with victories at Phoenix and Homestead en route to winning the season championship.
• This is the 37th IZOD IndyCar Series victory for Team Penske, extending its series record.
• This is the fourth victory for Team Penske in the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg. Helio Castroneves won in 2006 and 2007. Ryan Briscoe won in 2009.
• This is the second victory from pole for Team Penske in the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg for Team Penske. Helio Castroneves won from pole in 2007.
• This is the first time Team Penske has won consecutive IZOD IndyCar Series races since Will Power won at Edmonton and Ryan Briscoe at Kentucky in 2009.
• Justin Wilson finished second, the best finish for a Dreyer & Reinbold Racing car since team co-owner Robbie Buhl won in 2000 at Walt Disney World Speedway.
• Ryan Briscoe finished third after starting 19th, a gain of 16 spots. It's the longest climb to the podium in this race since it became an IZOD IndyCar Series event in 2005. The previous mark was 12 spots by Ryan Hunter-Reay, who started 14th and finished second in 2009.
• Helio Castroneves finished fourth, his fourth consecutive top-four finish at this event. He won in 2006 and 2007, and was second in 2008. He did not compete in this race in 2009.
• Dario Franchitti finished fifth, his fourth top-five finish in five starts at this event. His best finish was third in 2005.
• Alex Tagliani finished sixth, an IZOD IndyCar Series career best. His previous best was ninth in 2009 in Toronto.
• Danica Patrick finished seventh, her best performance on a road-street course since finishing sixth in 2009 in Toronto.
• Mario Romancini was the top rookie finisher, 13th.
• The top 15 cars finished on the lead lap, a record for this event. The previous best was 13 in 2008.
• There were 10 lead changes, an event record. The previous best was nine lead changes in 2005.
• Eight drivers led at least one lap, tying the event record set in 2008.