Japan Confirmed For 2007
September 25, 2006 | 3:00 P.M. EST
The fifth Indy Japan 300 at Twin Ring Motegi will be held on Saturday, April 21, bringing the confirmed number of races to 12.
"We look forward to our return to Twin Ring Motegi," said Brian Barnhart, president and chief operating officer of the Indy Racing League, the sanctioning body of the IndyCar Series. "The staff there has done an incredible job in hosting our drivers, teams, staff and sponsors. Motegi is particularly important to us, as it gives both Honda and Firestone an opportunity to showcase our sport in front of its corporate leaders."
The unique 1.5-mile oval located in Motegi, Japan – 90 miles northeast of Tokyo – has hosted IndyCar Series racing since 2003. It was the first venue outside the United States to host the IndyCar Series.
The IndyCar Series has previously announced the following events for 2007:
- April 1 – Streets of St. Petersburg, Fla.
- April 29 – Kansas Speedway
- May 27 – Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- June 3 – The Milwaukee Mile
- June 9 – Texas Motor Speedway
- June 24 – Iowa Speedway
- June 30 – Richmond International Raceway
- July 8 – Watkins Glen International
- July 14 – Nashville Superspeedway
- Aug. 11 – Kentucky Speedway
- Sept. 9 – Chicagoland Speedway
The remainder of the 2007 IndyCar Series schedule will be announced at a later date.