Barrichellos Seat Safe

6980Jpg
Troubled Ferrari driver Rubens Barrichello is not at risk of losing his job anytime soon, team officials said Friday.

Barrichello started the season with a pair of second-place finishes in Australia and Malaysia, but that was about as good as it would get.

Since then he has complained about preferential treatment of Michael Schumacher, refused to obey Ferrari’s gag-order and failed to finish three consecutive races.

Just when Barrichello thought things couldn’t get much worse, the rumors hit, and they hit hard. Word spread quickly through the paddocks and media that Ferrari was trying to woo Jenson Button, Juan Pablo Montoya, Kimi Raikkonen and even Jos Verstappen to join the team next year.

Ferrari team boss Jean Todt denied the rumors, however, and said Barrichello's seat is safe.

"Ferrari is happy with its drivers and, at the moment, is not talking to anybody," Todt said. "(Barrichello’s) performance this season has been excellent. In the last race he did not finish in the podium due to a problem with the car."

Both Barrichello's and Schumacher’s contracts with Ferrari expire at the end of next season.

Barrichello hasn't spoken much about his future.

"At the moment, I have nothing to say about my future," he said. "I am concentrating totally on the work I am doing with the team. When it will be the right moment, I will think about my future."

Race Center

Grand Prix of Brazil

@ Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sunday, November 24, 2013

Recent Photos

  • © 2015 MRN. All Rights Reserved

    FacebookTwitterDiggDeliciousLinkedInGoogle BookmarksYahoo BookmarksLive (MSN)

    ISC Track Sites