Hayes Tops Infineon Testing
April 2, 2010 | 11:25 A.M. EST
Hayes (Team Graves Yamaha) recorded the top time for AMA Pro National Guard American SuperBike on Thursday over the 12-turn, 2.22-mile road course at 1 minute, 36.72 seconds, while teammate Aquino was quickest in AMA Pro Daytona SportBike presented by AMSOIL at 1:39.29.
The teams are testing in advance of the West Coast Moto Jam, May 14-16, in the Sonoma Valley.
Fourteen riders from eight teams, including Rockstar Makita Suzuki, Michael Jordan Motorsports and Pat Clark Motorsports attended the test, which concluded on Friday.
Hayes was followed by Rockstar Makita Suzuki teammates Blake Young (1:36.78) and Tommy Hayden (1:37.37). Hayes claimed his first American SuperBike win at Infineon Raceway last year; the first win for a non-Suzuki rider in Sonoma since 2006.
In Daytona SportBike, Aquino was followed by teammate Josh Herrin (1:39.81) and Steve Rapp (1:40.12, Team Latus Motorsports).
AMA Pro Road Racing Series Test Session
Infineon Raceway, Sonoma
The top times from Thursday's test session over the 12-turn, 2.22-mile road course at Infineon Raceway. Unofficial times provided by AMA Pro Road Racing:
1. Josh Hayes (Yamaha) 1:36.72
2. Blake Young (Suzuki) 1:36.78
3. Tommy Hayden (Suzuki) 1:37.37
4. Ben Bostrom (Yamaha) 1:37.48
5. Jake Zemke (Suzuki) 1:37.61
6. Larry Pegram (Ducati) 1:37.63
7. Brett McCormick (Suzuki) 1:38.64
8. Chris Clark (Yamaha) 1:41.51
1. Tommy Aquino (Yamaha) 1:39.29
2. Josh Herrin (Yamaha) 1:39.81
3. Steve Rapp (Ducati) 1:40.12
4. Dave Westby (Yamaha) 1:40.90
5. Clinton Seller (Yamaha) 1:41.17
6. Tyler Odom (Honda) 1:45.89